Setting funds aside can be done with multiple goals in mind. Triodos Bank recently did a video on social impact investing, i.e. how to make money while sponsoring change for good, which provides a great introduction to the topic. This course looks at socially responsible investing as a theme and at some specific investment options.
The learning outcomes are:
- Become aware of SRI definitions and compare to your preferences
- Become aware of specific institutions that offer funds, bonds and equity investment opportunities to support renewable energy, social causes, etc.
- Understand how to use information sources such as the FTSE4Good Index Series to identify investments
- Learn how to monitor performance
- Understand how to determine if a socially responsible company is a good investment opportunity and how you can improve your returns
The course material presumes that you have a good understanding of investing in funds, bonds and shares … but if not, not to worry: take a look at Money Never Sleeps.