Well, it certainly shouldn’t! You work hard. So should your money!
Money sitting in a bank account may be safe, but it’s likely earning you next to nothing – such as many Cash ISAs. You can change that. Quite apart from being able to invest in bonds, shares, property and a business directly, there are a wide variety of options that allow you “employ” a professional, avoid taxes (legally!) and become your own fund manager. This course looks at basic products and ways to invest in a basket of financial instruments.
The learning outcomes are:
- Understand the key characteristics of bonds, stocks and property as an investment
- Become aware of financial products which allow you to invest in a diversified basket of financial assets
- Become aware of financial investment products with low risk and high liquidity (i.e. quick access to funds)
- Understand the key characteristics of tax wrappers (e.g. ISA) for private investors
- Understand the costs associated with investing
- Be able to use free internet resources to find information on potential investments